Mr. Tim Dettwiller
I am so excited to be the Superintendent for Fairfield Local schools this school year. The reputation of the district is outstanding in all areas especially academics and athletics. I extend kudos to Mr. Garrett for leaving the district in great shape financially and academically. I am honored to lead the district into the 2018-2019 school year and I look forward to meeting each of you. As your Superintendent I commit to the following:
- Transparent and timely communication
- You will soon see a published communication plan informing you of how and when to expect to receive communications from the district.
- An improved culture for staff and students.
- We will survey members of our school culture and will work to address concerns.
- A focus on our Academic Improvement process
- We will increase our involvement with the State Support team who will guide us through the Ohio Academic Improvement process and a revitalization of the district Strategic Plan
- We will reconvene the Strategic Planning Committee to revitalize the current plan.
In addition, we are working hard to make sure the experience both our new and current students have when entering the Fairfield schools is a great one. The maintenance and custodial crew have insured the facilities are in tip top shape. Our buses are ready due to the hard work of our Mechanic. The teachers are busy getting their rooms ready and the administrative team has met and is outlining our building and department goals for the year.
I have been on the job only a couple of weeks but I am thoroughly impressed with the comradery and professionalism exhibited by all staff members. It is no wonder Fairfield schools are respected throughout the region.
I thank the Board for giving me the opportunity to serve this community and believe it is “a great day to be a Lion”.